I just arrived from a birthday party of my high school friend and classmate. As usual, a lot of foods were serve to us.. :) The traditional Filipino food such as lechon, fruit salad, maja blanca, sour fish, fried chicken, adobo, and a lot more...hehe... all those I mentioned were so yummy and delicious but for those having their diets, it is alarming for them...
If a person is on Diet its really difficult for him/her to socialize. Ignoring parties and invitation is definitely not a solution. We have to balance our diet and social parties which isn't easy at all . But! instead of avoiding overeating we can always take necessary precautions.
Here are some tips to keep everyone happy while in a party:
* Before going to the party try eating light snacks around 6PM.
* At dinner, try eating vegetables only . If you cant resist non-vege, go in for grilled chicken.
* Do not drink soups at parties. Soup have cornflour which is not good for people who are on diet.
* Avoid unhealthy foods like deep fried foods, white breads, and oily vegetables.
* Choose salads with chicken and marinated vegetables.
* Get into the habit of eating fruits as desserts instead of high calorie ice creams and puddings.
* Eat your food slowly and cherish it to the fullest.
Hope these diet tips will help you :)