Yesterday, we went to our friend's house because his father died. We went there to sympathize to the family and to our friend...
I remember the time when my great grandma died last year... It was very painful... :( how much more when it is your father...
According to my friend his father was already suffering this cancer 5 years ago and the doctor already told them that his father will only last up to 5 years. And it was already his father's 5th year last December 2008.
His father died because of Colorectal Cancer also known as Colon Cancer or Large Bowel Cancer. It is said that colon cancer is one of the most common cancer in the world. Symptoms and signs of colon cancer are divided into (1)local-which are more likely if the tumor is located closer to the anus, (2)constitutional (affecting the whole body) - if a tumor has caused chronic occult bleeding, and (3)metastatic (caused by spread to other organs) - most commonly spreads to the liver.
To prevent this colon cancer, here are the top 10 tips for its prevention:
1) Go to a doctor if you have any colon cancer symptoms;
2) Schedule a colon cancer screening;
3) Eat a balanced diet;
4) Maintain a healthy weight;
5) Maintain an active lifestyle;
6) Consider genetic counseling;
7) Learn your family medical history;
8) Talk to a doctor about your personal medical history;
9) Don't smoke;
10) Reduce radiation exposure.